Adobe Photoshop is a one of best and widely known raster graphics and imaging software which was developed and published by Adobe System for macOS and Windows. It is available in 26 languages.
In 1988, an American scientist Thomas and John Knoll created Photoshop. This application can edit and compose a raster image in multiple layers and support different types of masks. RGB (Red, Green, Blue), CMYK (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black) are color media which comes in several colors. It is generally used for graphics file formats but it also uses in PSD and PSB file formats. PSB files are large document files than PSD files. We can use it in Photographic, graphic design, video game and advertising.
These tools can be categorized into 6 options:
- Drawing tools
- Painting tools
- Measuring and Navigation Tools
- Selection Tools
- Typing Tools
- Retouching Tools
Gradient is a smooth blending of shades. It works on light to dark or one color to another color.
By using Gradient, we can create colorful background and foreground in 2D drawing program.
Types of gradient
1. Linear Gradient
2. Radical Gradient
3. Angular Gradient
4. Reflected Gradient
5. Diamond Gradient
1. Linear Gradient: It mixes the colors of gradient from start color to end color in a straight line.
2. Radical Gradient: It mixes the colors from one point to endpoint in a circular pattern.
3. Angle Gradient: It moves the colors in counter-clockwise sweep around the starting point.
4. Reflected Gradient: Reflected gradient reflects the colors in a symmetrical linear gradient on either side but linear gradient doesn’t reflect colors like Reflected gradient.
5. Diamond Gradient: It mixes the colors from middle to outer corners by forming a diamond pattern.
How to use of Gradient:
- Control + N (New Page)
- Selecting the gradient tool from toolbar
- Go to option bar and click on open Gradient picker
- Select a Gradient
- Then select the gradient type (Linear, Radial, Angle, Reflected, Diamond)
- Click the first point and move your mouse in any direction
How to load Gradient:
- Control + N (New page)
- Select gradient tool from toolbar
- Click on gradient picker
- Then go to Google and search any gradient
- Save this gradient in any file
- Load gradient
- After doing this, your new gradient will be loaded in Gradient file.
How to save Gradient:
- Control +N
- Select on gradient tool from toolbar
- Then go to option bar and click on gradient picker
- New click
- Make a new gradient according to color and opacity
- And then save click
Gradients are known as the slow and gradual changes which occurs in a color or tint that sweep over an image or a portion of an image. They can be used to add subtle color changes to an image, such as those caused by shadow. They can also be layered and blended to create interesting effects.
If you are a beginner who want to learn right skills for image editing in Photoshop or a professional who wants to updated their skill set, then join Adobe Photoshop Courses in Delhi by one of the Best Photoshop Institute in Rohini. It is a 2 months short-term certificate course which will give you hands-on experience on photo retouching, image editing, text effects, cut-outs, patterns, background designing, image manipulations, and layouting. It is also available in both online and classroom mode.